Introduced in 2000, CFSE was the first personnel functional safety certification program in the industry, and remains the most prestigious and sought after program to this day.
In order to keep up with changes in functional safety and to continue to meet the needs of its members, the Certification Advisory Board has introduced an endorsement program.
The CFSE endorsement program helps current holders of CFSE and CFSP certification build / demonstrate expertise and knowledge in specific focus areas of functional safety like Alarm Management,
Consequence Analysis, SIF Design, SIL Verification, and more.
View Informational Webinar
Participation in the endorsement program can provide many benefits to you and/or your company:
- Professional growth and development
- Acquire / Demonstrate expertise in specific areas of functional safety
- Make yourself a more valuable safety engineer
- Fulfill continuing education requirements
- Standout in the field of safety
- Keep up with changes in technology and best practices
- Differentiate yourself from other safety practitioners
Only existing CFSEs or CFSPs are eligible to participate in this program. Candidates should also have a desire to master new skills in the field of functional safety. The following list includes, but is not limited to those you may be interested in pursuing this program:
- Loss prevention professionals
- Process safety coordinators
- Plant risk analysts
- Control engineers and their management
- System integrators
Passing an endorsement examination demonstrates proven capabilities and subject matter expertise beyond that which is required for the CFSE or CFSP credentials. To successfully earn an endorsement:
- Select the specific area of endorsement for examination (See Below).
- Complete the online examination (40 multiple choice questions)
- Score 80% or greater on the proficiency exam
The focus of the program has always been on developing usable knowledge and skills, rather than simply passing a test. Optional preparatory training classes are offered by our partners in both on-demand (web-based) and in-person formats.